So there we have it, Q1 is done.
For those of you unfamiliar with the term Q1 stands for 1st quarter and quite simply January 1st to 31st March is the first quarter of the year.
I’m sure you like most people set goals in January for the year or maybe had also set yourself Q1 (90 day) goals too.
Having an ultimate goal is very important but it is equally important to readjust and realign as you are moving forward.
If you don’t do this and just head of on one trajectory you can find your self so far off course that it can be too late to get back on track in the given time frame.
A pilot of an airplane never plans it’s exact journey to the final destination, the pilot knows the final destination and will plan an approximate route however its uses a few instruments during flight to constantly readjusting its course very slightly with use of the elevator, ailerons and trims to ensure they end up at the desired destination.
You need to do the same.
So whether you set your 90 day goals or just had goals for the year I wanted to give you some ways of evaluating how your progress is going now we are at the end of Q1.
Quite simply for each of the goals you have that you are currently working towards ask yourself the below questions (Based on Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich self assessment) and answer them honestly.
Write the answers down
- Have I attained the goal which I established as my objective for this quarter? (You should work with a definite 90 day objective to be attained as a part of your yearly and ultimate goal).
- Have I delivered service of the best possible QUALITY of which I was capable, or could I have improved any part of this service?
- Have I delivered service in the greatest possible QUANTITY of which I was capable?
- Has the spirit of my conduct been harmonious and cooperative at all times?
- Have I permitted the habit of PROCRASTINATION to decrease my efficiency, and if so, to what extent?
- Have I improved my PERSONALITY, and if so, in what ways?
- Have I been PERSISTENT in following my plans through to completion?
- Have I reached DECISIONS PROMPTLY AND DEFINITELY on all occasions?
- Have I permitted any one or more of the six basic fears to decrease my efficiency?
- Have I been either “over-cautious,” or “under-cautious?”
- Has my relationship with my associates in work been pleasant, or unpleasant? If it has been unpleasant, has the fault been partly, or wholly mine?
- Have I dissipated any of my energy through lack of CONCENTRATION of effort?
- Have I been open-minded and tolerant in connection with all subjects?
- In what way have I improved my ability to render service?
- Have I been intemperate in any of my habits?
- Have I expressed, either openly or secretly, any form of EGOTISM?
- Has my conduct toward my associates been such that it has induced them to RESPECT me?
- Have my opinions and DECISIONS been based upon guesswork, or accuracy of analysis and THOUGHT?
- Have I followed the habit of budgeting my time, my expenses, and my income, and have I been conservative in these budgets?
- How much time have I devoted to UNPROFITABLE effort which I might have used to better advantage?
- How may I RE-BUDGET my time, and change my habits so I will be more efficient during the coming year?
- Have I been guilty of any conduct which was not approved by my conscience?
- In what ways have I rendered MORE SERVICE AND BETTER SERVICE than I was paid to render?
- Have I been unfair to anyone, and if so, in what way?
- If I had been the purchaser of my own services for the year, would I be satisfied with my purchase?
- Am I in the right vocation, and if not, why not?
- Has the purchaser of my services been satisfied with the service I have rendered, and if not, why not?
- What is my present rating on the fundamental principles of success? (Make this rating fairly, and frankly, and have it checked by someone who is courageous enough to do it accurately).
If you have achieved all of your goals and answered all of those questions and are happy with how you have performed, brilliant well done to you, how are you going to celebrate?
If you didn’t then this is your way of slightly readjusting your journey to ensure you end up achieving the desired goal. The answers to the questions above will help you stay on track and help you to know what you need to do more of, or less of in Q2.
If you now need to plan your goals for Q2 I recommend you use the FREE resources on our website to assist you.
Until next time… make it happen.
p.s. Have you downloaded my free ebook Staying Positive: 10 Simple Tips to Staying Positive? Click here to download it now!